Have a look at all frequently asked questions below

Our customer service has collected the most important and frequently
asked questions by other students.

Search year (Dutch: Zoekjaar)

For international students from a non-EU country

If you have graduated recently or will graduate shortly and will continue to stay in The Netherlands as a so called 'zoekjaar' (search year) student, you can apply for a new insurance via our website. Please note that:

  • Your new insurance policy must start within 3 years after you graduated.
  • You also must have had an Aon Student insurance for at least six consecutive months.

If you apply for the ICS insurance please select your home country and destination country  (The Netherlands) and select "Search year student" at "Your situation".

Please note that you can only purchase this insurance if you have a "search year permit". Aon might ask for proof of your search year permit or a pending application for one. The search year permit is a permit for a maximum period of one year, to enable you to look for a job in The Netherlands after the completion of your study. If you find a paid job or internship in The Netherlands, you will need to take out the public Dutch Basic Healthcare Insurance.

Still didn’t find an answer to your question?

Please contact us by e-mail or phone


You can easily file a claim via e-mail. Just follow the instructions.

File a claim

Contact us

Should you have any questions after reading the information and our FAQ section on this website, please contact our customer service.

Contact Aon

Call Aon

+31 (0) 10 448 82 70
Available Monday till Friday from 08:30 till 17:30 CET